Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lawrence Welk - Calcutta Review

Great album!  I believe it came out in 1960.  Featuring Frank Scott on the harpsichord.  Solid album all the way through and very listenable.  The quality of the recording is superb for its time and definitely a great instrumental album.  The harpsichord is strong throughout the album and it adds character and strangeness to the record.  The female background singers harmonies and "vocals" adds an eerie but good sound to the entire album.  Beautifully arranged and well written.  Albums like this are a lost art and I am happy to have it in my collection.  I recommend this album to anyone, even if you don't typically like instrumental music.  It has that tropical island, no cares in the world kind of feel to it.  I am looking forward to breaking this one out this summer and sitting outside in the shade with the portable record player and a cold drink.   

No comments:

Post a Comment